English Discussion Groups
Our English class is an informal way to improve your conversational English while making friends with American tutors and other international students & scholars. This is a free class, so just come and practice your English! We discuss a variety of topics, like food, culture, sports, holidays, jobs, entertainment, etc. It’s a great chance to practice your English, learn about American culture, and teach us about your home country as well.
FALL SEMESTER CLASS
Our English class has changed since last year, so please see below for the details.
- Time: 7:30 – 8:30 pm
- Dates: every Wednesday evening, August 30 - Dec. 6th
- Location: MSU Union
- For our first 2 classes (August 30 & Sept. 6) we will meet in the Tower Room in the Union, which is on the 4th floor
- For all other classes, we will be in Class Room 50 in the Union (lower level)
- Parking: there is free parking in Ramp #6 after 6 pm. See map below.
- Note: we do not have child care for this class, but if your children are old enough to participate in the discussions, they are welcome to join us.
Registration: if you would like to receive updates about this class, please sign up below. Also, if you need a ride, we can arrange to pick you up.
>>Sign Up Here<<
About the Class...
We believe the best way to learn English is to speak it as much as possible! Therefore, we place you into small groups where you have the chance to have more practice. With each topic we teach you new vocabulary, phrases, and idioms. And we try to have thought provoking discussion questions to challenge you to express your thoughts in English. Our tutors will help you with pronunciation, but mostly they are there as friends. We try to invite you to our homes for special events, holiday celebrations and other fun things throughout the year. Here are a few pictures of our past classes: