WINTER HOUSE PARTY
Details for House Party 2021 will be forthcoming.
Winter House Party is a week-long retreat in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula for students & scholars to learn about the Bible in a relaxed, family-like setting. In addition to learning about the Bible, we have lots of fun in the snow & on the ice!
- Dates: Dec. 27 – Jan. 2
- Cost: $350 (adults), $170 (kids, ages 2-12)
+ $25/person for transportation
- Location: Cedar Campus (in Michigan's Upper Peninsula)
Scholarships are available. Click here to request a scholarship.
Some Activities Include
- Workshops, presentations, and discussions on the Bible, Christianity, American culture and traditions
- An International New Year Celebration
- Winter Sauna
- Cross-country skiing, ice skating and hiking, as weather permits
- Relaxing by a warm fire
- Snacks, games and crafts
- An international meal (cooked by many of the Houseparty guests!)
- Conversations with students from around the world
- Visiting local tourist sites
Cedar Campus is a comfortable place to spend the holidays. The Lodge and cabins are heated, and housing is assigned to fit the needs of families and individuals.
- Individuals will be grouped in rooms of 6-8 other individuals (of the same gender).
- Married couples will be in a private room with their children.
- Partial families will be paired with other partial families in groups of 4-6 per room (depending on size and availability).
Meals are included and provided by Cedar Campus. If you have any specific dietary requirements or religious restrictions, please indicate those on the registration form. All on-site activities at the House Party are included in the cost: housing, sheets, towels, blankets, meals, snacks, and recreation activities and equipment.
Only shopping at nearby tourist sites is at additional expense. We encourage you to bring extra money for these trips or for books, souvenir clothing and other items available at the camp store.
What to Bring
- Lots of warm casual clothing: sweaters, hats, gloves or mittens, outdoor boots, scarves, extra socks. Click here to see what clothes are best.
- A favorite recipe from home
- Musical instruments (for talent show)
- You do NOT need bedding or towels (Cedar Campus provides blankets, pillows, linens and towels.)
Register for House Party!
Registration is now open. It will close on Dec. 10, or when all our spots are filled up. Registration is limited so be sure to sign up soon!
If you would like to request a scholarship, please email us below. Let us know if you are planning to come as a single or a family.
Also, if you have any general questions about House Party, please let us know!